Friday 1 August 2008

I HATE SUMMER

It's official: I hate summer. There's no need for it. It's just boiling, the sea is flat, the boulders are sweaty and the mountains are stormy. I can't wait to be wearing again heavy clothes while at the boulders, I can't wait not to weak up in a pool of sweat in the morning.
38 degrees on wednesday. The gym has no air conditioning. So the question is: why do I go there? Because it's still better than to try and climb, dammit.
Anyway, I climbed quite well lately at the gym, so I'm happy about that. Sadly most of the hard gained power from the winter and spring is gone, sigh. I'm sure I won't start again from square one, but I was hoping I would keep more of it. Who knows, maybe I'm just too tired or too destroyed by the climate.
Oh well, we will see. This post is boring, the sea is boring, the summer is boring and I want to climb somewhere cold.

1 comment:

Fiend said...

I agree it's bollox isn't it. 26'c and total mugginess here is bad enough.

Still these things never last long in our fucked up climate.