Monday 5 November 2007

WE DON'T HAVE CONTROL

We don't have control on our lives.
At least not as much as I'd like.
My plans of leaving friday morning to go bouldering three days and concentrating only on my project, had to change: first, the girlfriend's mother felt sick and we had to take her to the hospital. Luckily it was nothing serious.
Then, when we finally got to the boulders, the following day, I met friends and climbed the whole day with them before getting to grips with the project.
That means failure.
So, we don't have control, and it's nice after all, because we never get bored and we always have to be ready to react and adapt to obtain the best from everything.

2 comments:

Palla Alta said...

It's ok my friend! Everyday that goes by seems to show me that I don't understand half as much as I thought I did. But there's one thing I do understand. For 15 years now there has been one constant in my life: when I'm out climbing things just seem to be right. Now I understand the problems involving the parents, the girlfriend, the work, the..., so don't think that I have it all figured out. I just know that climbing makes me calm, comfortable, at peace, or whichever adjective you want to use. I know that I think about boulders all day and dream about them at night. I know that I have ruined relationships with girlfriends because of my passion for rocks. I know that I can't have a "normal job" because that would interfer with my lifestyle.

So what do I know? I know that I met a wonderful man who I have the upmost respect for and I am fortunate for having been able to spend so much time with you.

I hope you find "your way" and I hope that everyone including your parents will realize what an amazing person you are.

amici per sempre

lore said...

hey...

come soooouth.