Tuesday 2 July 2013

AMIATA SPORT CLIMBING

As promised, a few pics from my sport climbing experience, to give proof that I actually used my harness... Courtesy of Pietro Mittica. 

The "easy" first moves: the first bolt is easily at 3 meters, with a nice rock at the bottom of the route. Why that? Had to leave the first bolts preclipped and it was a pain to climb the first part of the route that way, but there was no way I was going to risk a dangerous fall.


Aiming at the target for the dyno. It's a long pull.


Undercling and long reach to good holds! 
 
Strenuous clip due to being terrified about doing the move and then easily clipping from a jug. Great pic.


At this point I was needing oxygen, having climbed at least 15 moves for a total of at least 8 meters. Bloody multipitch. 
What a great day! 

No comments: