Sunday 1 August 2010

A SMILE, FINALLY!

I had a good day yesterday on rock at Amiata top with my good friend Fabio. I did the usual problems, put up the 13th eliminate on "Il Motorino di Mario" (it's worth mentioning that there are four holds in total on the block), then proceeded to repeat "Il Manfano", a problem that I had done last summer, but that I also wanted to repeat, probably because a foothold crumbled and made the move a bit more exigent in precision, if not power. Anyway I did it third go, and three goes were enough to shred my skin, but the problem is so good. I felt solid, chose a higher foothold that made the first move a bit harder but saved a foot movement, and that made all the difference. I stuck the pocket, adjusted, and went on to the top. I let go a yell that bounced down the valley for hours and for a moment I felt satisfied again.
As soon as I sat down again and took off my shoes, I thought about how much I was missing my girlfriend in that moment.
Then it was time to climb more, but my skin was hurting, so I decided to skip the volume and just try the eliminate that Tom had created and left for me to try, last september when he came here. I had given it a few tried without sticking the third move, to a bad crimp, so when I didn't even stick the first move I was a bit shocked. Instead of crying, I took my time to analyze the hold carefully to understand the perfect finger placement: it's an index finger mono with a little bit for middle and ring finger on some kind of slopey dish. Nasty.
The study worked and I did the move next try, going on to the crimp and almost latching the final move to the jug. I fell on the last move another two or three times, but at that point my skin was too poor and I was very tired. The problem, despite being very short, squeezes quite a lot of core tension from your body and I was done.
So, finally a good day out and some smiles on my face and on Fabio's face, who ticked his first 6c+/7a.
Tom, you'll never have your pants back, they're cool, they're comfy and they're stylish, so now they're also mine.
Here's a small video, sadly from phone camera. Keep the faith.


2 comments:

Richie Crouch said...

Wow these pants of power have travelled a bit! I believe I purchased those fine threads from fat sloper action and then after wearing them for a while, swapped them with Tom's Older style FSA pants as i found the hole in the side big and his ones only had a hole in the ass area (I didn't ask why!) which was easily stitched over.

Nice blinkered looking dirty line of crimps Lore, That is T Mills in a nutshell ;)

Ghostface said...

Grande Lore!!

This line was beautiful and locking those crimps truly a pleasure every man should be able to experience!

I'm grateful for your dedication bestia and look forward to getting back here in good time.

Now I know which trousers you speak of, you must keep them and crush with them. Only crush and nothing else!

DIVENTA FORTE ADESSO!!!!!!!!