Friday 13 March 2009

BUT FIRST I PASS

I wanted to go to Ticino this weekend, to take some of the pressure of the roof off, to chill out and to try and test my condition on virgin ground.
I had to change my mind, due to my girlfriend having her ID expired.
Immediately I put my eyes on my nemesis Varazze, home of my epic ego bashing weekend of last december and of my shoulder injury.
I really want to look in the opposite direction of the roof. I feel it as a Sword of Damocles upon my head, something that throw my fragile mind in doubts.
Still, I think that at last I will go to the roof. I hate it, but I have to. Conditions are poorer than last weekend, and I feel weaker, in my mind if not in my body. Herman Melville says that only in failures humans reveal their truest nature. That's why I'll go back to the roof.

No comments: